Role and Responsibilities
The technology clerk is responsible for performing tasks related to the needs of patrons and technology in the library’s computer area.
· Be present, visible, and provide excellent customer support and service to patrons using the public computer area.
· Respond to a variety of questions from patrons related to the library and the usage of various library technologies.
· Assist patrons in use of public internet computers, including use of hardware and software.
· Assist patrons in use of e-readers.
· Ensure that the public computer area is always clean and ready for use.
· Assist in completion of library trouble tickets when assigned.
· Collect money (if necessary) for library fines and fees.
· Use the library’s ILS system to perform routine tasks and answer general patron inquires.
· Explain and enforce library policies and procedures
· Other duties as assigned.
Expected Hours of Work
Employee must work 20 hours a week to maintain part time status and cannot exceed 99 hours a month. Evening and weekend work is required.
- Schedule: (Tuesdays 12:30-8:00/Thursdays 12:30-8:00/Saturdays 10:30-7:00)
Required education and experience
· High School Diploma or GED
· Ability to read, write, and compute.
· Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with staff and the public.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to maintain high standards of customer service and commitment to public service.
· Strong organizational skills
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Internet browsers, and e-readers.
· Light work (lifting, pushing, or pulling 20 lbs. maximum)
· Movement through facility locations and assisting patrons
· Visual acuity sufficient to identify materials on shelfing up to 90” and to read primarily typed or printed text in a variety of types sizes.
On-Site Work Environment
· Climate controlled environment
· Barrier free work area
Note: This job description does not necessarily reflect all aspects of the job function.
Your application was submitted successfully.